Tooth-Colored Fillings – Dallas, TX
Restoring Your Smile While Removing Cavities
Back then, metal fillings were the only viable option for treating cavities. While effective, the material can also come with various downsides, including tiny traces of mercury and a metallic gleam on a person’s smile. However, with modern technology and materials, our team at Ross Avenue Family Dental can easily address cavities with tooth-colored fillings to improve your oral health. Not only will this treatment offer more natural-looking results, but you’ll also enjoy much stronger teeth! Read on to learn more about tooth-colored fillings or call us to schedule your appointment.
Why Choose Ross Avenue Family Dental for Restorative Dentistry?
- Personalized Treatment for Every Patient
- Natural-Looking & Durable Dental Materials
- Nitrous Oxide Sedation for Complete Relaxation
What Are Tooth-Colored Fillings?
Other than using metal amalgam to repair cavities, our team can provide you with composite dental material to fix the issue. This resin is designed to match the same color as the rest of your smile, allowing you to enjoy safer, more effective, and more lifelike results. Since composite resin is biocompatible, it should bond effortlessly with your natural teeth without having to alter much of their enamel. Once you’ve undergone the treatment, it’ll look and feel as if you never had an issue to begin with.
The Process of Getting a Tooth-Colored Filling
In most cases, patients can receive tooth-colored fillings in just a single visit. Firstly, your dentist will completely numb the area they’ll work on with a local anesthetic. This way you can remain pain-free during the procedure. We can also provide sedation dentistry to keep you calm and relaxed. When you’re ready, we’ll remove the decayed parts of your tooth and disinfect the area. Once we’ve selected the proper color of composite resin, we’ll mold it in place so it matches the size and shape of your natural tooth. Your dentist will make any necessary adjustments before polishing your smile so you can show off a healthy and beautiful smile.
The Benefits of Tooth-Colored Fillings
Tooth-colored fillings come with a range of advantages, including:
- Natural appearance: Metal fillings are typically noticeable. With tooth-colored fillings, you can expect results that will match the rest of your teeth. Others won’t even know you’ve undergone treatment unless you tell them.
- Preserve more natural tooth: More of your tooth enamel will need to be altered or removed when getting metal fillings. However, composite resin is biocompatible, so you won’t need to sacrifice much of your natural tooth structure.
- Mercury-free: Metal fillings often contain small traces of mercury, which is toxic to humans. Though this amount is low, many people prefer a solution that doesn’t have any of this substance.
- Less sensitivity: While durable, metal fillings aren’t usually effective at blocking nerves at the center of a tooth. For this reason, they can raise the risk of sensitivity to cold and hot foods and drinks. With composite resin, you can shield the sensitive nerves more effectively, allowing for a more comfortable smile.